Handbuilding 4 week course with Ella Tindal
Handbuilding Course with Ella Tindal (4 Weeks)
Book now to reserve your spot. Class will only go ahead if all 4 spaces are filled.
Week 1 (start date): 1st August, 6.30pm -8.30pm
Week 2: 8th August, 6.30pm – 8.30pm
Week 3: 15th August, 6.30pm – 8.30pm
Week 4: 22nd August, 6.30pm – 8.30pm
Kil.n.it’s 4 Week Hand-building course with Kil.n.it Artist & Technician Ella Tindal introduces students to a large range of unique teaching and working styles. This course is a small class of 4; an introduction to hand-building techniques, a way for students to find their clay passion. Enjoy a smaller class with more one – on – one time with your teacher.
Over the 4 week course, students will learn not only hand-building techniques, but ceramic and glaze safety, and about the process of firing. This course will give students the skills to continue their own practice outside of a class.
Below is the outline of the course, however content will be flexible and subject to adjustment by teacher.
Week 1, Introduction to hand-building:
– Introduction to making with clay including work health and safety induction
– Introduction to the process of ceramics: pinch pots
– Ceramic Basics Hand out Sheet
Week 2, Introduction to Coiling and Slab Building
– making in clay using coiling and slab building techniques
Week 3, Making Bigger, add decoration or work on final pieces
– This week is tailored to student’s wishes, focussing on development of work and extending on the learned techniques
– introducing surface textures, slip and underglazing.
Week 4, Glazing
– Works will be bisqued and ready to glaze
– introduction to glazing and firings
– use provided glazes to experiment and decorate work
4 in stock