Hand building and Wheel throwing Course with Bella Taylor
Hand building and Wheel throwing Class with Bella Taylor (6 Weeks)
Book now to reserve your spot. Class will only go ahead if all 4 spaces are filled.
Week 1 (start date): 5th July, 6.15 pm -8.15pm
Week 2: 12th July, 6.15 pm – 8.15 pm
Week 3: 19th July, 6.15 pm – 8.15pm
Week 4: 26th August, 6.30pm -8.30pm
Week 5: 2nd August, 6.30pm -8.30pm
Week 6: 9th August, 6.30pm – 8.30pm
Kil.n.it’s 6 Week Technique Toolkit course with Kil.n.it Teacher Bella Taylor introduces students to a large range of unique making styles with ceramics. This course is a small class of 4; an introduction to hand-building and wheel throwing techniques, a way for students to find their clay passion. Enjoy a smaller class with more one – on – one time with your teacher.
Over the 6 week course, students will learn not only basic hand-building and wheel throwing techniques, but ceramic and glaze safety, and about the process of firing. This course will give students the skills to continue their own practice outside of a class.
Below is the outline of the course, however content will be flexible and subject to adjustment by teacher.
Week 1, Introduction to hand-building: Pinch Pots
– Introduction to making with clay including work health and safety induction
– Introduction to the process of ceramics
– Ceramic Basics Hand out Sheet
Week 2, Introduction to Coiling and Slab Building
– making in clay using coiling and slab building techniques
Week 3, Introduction to wheel throwing
– Introduction to wheel throwing basics
Week 4, Introduction to trimming
– Introduction to trimming
Week 5, Introduction to surface decoration and continue working on pieces
– Work on pieces and continue techniques learned.
– introducing surface decoration and textures, slip and underglazing.
Week 6, Glazing
– Works will be bisqued and ready to glaze
– introduction to glazing and firings
– use provided glazes to experiment and decorate work
4 in stock